News and useful information
The coronavirus situation is fast-moving and there is an increasing amount of misinformation online. We should be using government advice to inform decisions and be checking that advice regularly.
- The government’s main source of advice on coronavirus includes information on the social distancing alongside a wide range of other information
- If you would like to keep up-to-date with the government information as it comes out then you can sign up to their Covid-19 response bulletin
- Public Health England (PHE) has FAQs that will be updated regularly
- This guidance, developed with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, aims to assist employers and businesses in providing advice to their staff
To ALL Allotment Members
Please take the following precautionary measures:
· Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly
· Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate lock
· DO NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metre apart
· Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres
· If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces.
· Do not share tools
· Minimise the contact with each other for example no handshakes
Free and Fast collection of unwanted furniture and electricals - Britis Heart Foundation
01733821667 or bhf.org.uk/collection
Village Survival Guide promoted by Princes Countryside Fund can be viewed at https://www.princescountrysidefund.org.uk/research/village-survival-guide
USEFUL INFORMATION TO PREVENT FLOODING
Suggestion only - no personal knowledge of the products below..
"Sand-less Sandbags". These measure 36 x 60 cm (14" x 24") when empty and weighing only 450 grams making them easy to store, made from a standard hessian outer and a "Super Absorbent Polymer," they take only 5 - 6 minutes to inflate in fresh water, inflates to 15 - 18kg. Once they have been inflated they can used in the same way as traditional sandbags for flood prevention and protection.
Details can be found on the links below but there are other supplies. Do shop around!